Wisper Wayfarer M9 Mid-Drive Crossbar Electric Bike
Wayfarer M9 Mid-Drive Crossbar : City , Adventure, Mountain
The Wayfarer M9 mid drive, crossbar is the perfect all-rounder. In City spec it is a comfortable commuter or day to day workhorse but underneath the city exterior beats the heart of a true thoroughbred, the Wayfarer super hi torque motor developing 100Nm. Strip off the comfort products and change the tyres and you have the perfect off-roader for a day in the hills and forests.
- Wisper Super Hi Torque (100Nm) Mid Drive 43.2V 250W Nominal
- In frame, secure removable. Chargeable in or out of frame
- On/off button with LED charge status light.
- Standard 450Wh
- Long range 700Wh
Total load, terrain, road surface, tyre pressures, speed, power setting, wind conditions, and motor power all have a huge bearing on an eBike’s bikes range. With this in mind, you may expect to achieve the following AVERAGE ranges.
Due to the number of outside factors affecting all electric bikes, our published ranges are estimates only, based on our experience and are not guaranteed.
Due to the very high torque available from the Wayfarer Mid Drive if the bike is continuously used in “Turbo Mode” ranges will reduce considerably.
- 450Wh battery 20 – 40 miles (30 – 60km)
- 700Wh battery 30 – 60 miles (50 – 100km)
- Wisper Back lit LCD display with remote controls
- Thumb throttle to 4mph (6km/h) walk along
- Thumb throttle to 15.5mph (25km/h) assist booster
- 450Wh: 27kg
- 700Wh: 29kg
- Hand welded, 6061 Alloy T4 and T6 tempered
- Frame size: 18”/48cm
- Iridium Silver 6 coats
- Suntour XCM 32 100mm travel, through axle
- eMTB 760mm anodised black
- Magix black anodised 70mm
- 31.6mm 350mm with 100mm safety line
- Wisper Comfort, eBike with seat handle
- Black anodised alloy
- Shimano Alivio 9 speed with Rapid Fire shifter
- KMC X9 rust resist 9 speed
- 44t Rear
- 11 to 36
- Wisper Apex Hydraulic disc brakes, 2.5 finger F180mm R160mm
- Alloy black anodised double wall 27.5” x 1.24″ (31.4mm)
- Kenda 27.5” 2.2 high puncture resistance with reflector
- Black Anodised Aluminium 2.6″
- Front: Spaningo XE 6V powered from bike battery
- Rear: Spaningo XE 6V powered from bike battery
- Wisper integrated custom, 17kg limit
Max Weight Load Inc. Luggage
- 21st 135kg
eCity, eAdventure or eMountain
"The Wisper Wayfarer a first in the cycling industry. The Wayfarer has been designed from the wheels up as a 27.5″ eMountain Bike. Mountain bikes are comfortable, safe, strong and easy to ride. We added strong anchor points for a chain guard, kick stand, luggage racks and our purpose built extra wide, tough aluminium mudguards. We then made a second frame without the crossbar, offering riders a step-through e-bike with eMTB DNA.
The Wayfarer offers three distinct riding styles based on the same frame.
Perfect for commuters, shoppers and those that want leisurely rides in the country. We utilise all the anchor points, adding front and rear mudguards, a rear rack and kick stand. For comfort, low noise and low rolling resistance we fit Kenda Town and Country tyres suitable for metaled roads and well made tracks.
Built for the more adventurous. We fit Schwalbe Smart Sam Performance, DD, RaceGuard, 27.5” x 2.6” tyres with extra safe Double Defence puncture protection that fit neatly under the existing wide Aluminium mudguards. Ready for more adventurous away from the road riding. Perfect for the hills and dales with huge grip and control in the dust, gravel, grass and mud.
Completely stripped back but fitted with Schwalbe Smart Sam Performance, DD, RaceGuard, 27.5” x 2.6” tyres with extra safe Double Defence puncture protection so there is nothing to get in the way of an exhilarating day in the hills.
Mid Drive or Rear Hub Drive?
Although very different, neither one is better than the other. The choice though is very important and will change from person to person depending on where the bike is to be ridden and your riding style. IMPORTANT: 50Nm measured at the hub is almost exactly the same as 100Nm measured at the crank axle. Both motors have the same power 250W nominal."